Do you frequently travel and face the threat of winter weather? If yes, then you likely have found yourself in a situation where having a shovel in your vehicle came in handy.
Whether you travel in your car or truck during snowstorms for work, family, or other reasons, safety needs to be your number one concern.
When it comes to snow blower for cars, there are a few things you need to bring with you during heavy snow storms. Some examples of items you may want to keep in your car are:
- Ice scraper and snow brush
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- Tire chains and a tow rope
- Winter boots and hand warmers
- Foldable Snow shovel
But have you ever considered keeping a snowblower in your car?
At first blush, that seems kind of ridiculous, doesn’t it?
When you think about big and bulky gasoline-powered snow blowers, then yes it is kind of ridiculous!
However, with modern battery technology, you can keep a cordless snow blower right in your car or truck! More specifically cordless snow shovels are compact machines that use rechargeable batteries and can move large amounts of snow real fast. They are even small enough to keep right in your vehicle for those times you need to venture out in the threat of snow.
Having a portable electric snow blower with you at all times should keep you from getting stuck because of heavy snow blocking your way.
The good news is there are dozens of cordless snow shovels you can choose from and most of them are very affordable.
If you want our advice on which one to choose, check out our top pick for the best snow blower for cars.
Our Top Pick For A Snow blower For Cars Or Trucks
- [POWER SOURCE TYPE]: Battery Powered
- [IONMAX 24-VOLT BATTERY SYSTEM COMPATIBLE]: Includes 24V IONMAX 4.0 Ah rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery provides up to 25 minutes of whisper-quiet runtime
- [VERSATILE]: Quick, easy and CORD-FREE snow pickups on decks, steps, patios and sidewalks
- [MAINTENANCE-FREE]: No pull cords, gas, oil, tune-ups, carbon emissions or tangled extension cords
We really loved this snow thrower from Snow Joe. It’s designed to remove up to 560 pounds of snow per charge and it extremely portable that you can take it anywhere. It’s very easy to use and is low maintenance so you don’t have to worry about it much as long as you use it properly.
It’s great for decks, driveways, walkways, and sidewalks. You may have to work a little harder when using it on heavy wet snow but this machine can get the job done despite its small size in comparison to heavy-duty snow blowers.
Here are some other great alternatives
Both are great snow shovels to take with you anywhere because they’re easy to carry around. They are also very efficient in clearing snow and are equipped with durable batteries that can last up to 30 minutes.
Cordless Snow Shovels are perfect to take with you
Here are a few of the reasons why cordless snow shovels are a good idea to keep in your vehicle in case of a winter storm.
- They are maintenance-free. No cords, gas, repairs, etc…
- Lightweight, most weigh just 10-15 pounds
- They can easily throw snow up to 25 feet, making clearing any path easy
- Each battery charge provides 45-60 minutes of run-time
Considerations for a snow thrower to keep in your car
When you are thinking about keeping a snow thrower in your car, here are a few things to keep in mind as you choose the right one.
- Make sure it is compact enough to easily fit in your vehicle
- Be sure to keep a charged battery at all times
- Be sure it is a cordless model, not one that needs to be plugged in.
Frequently Asked Questions About Cordless Snow Shovels
Can a cordless snow blower fit in a car?
Yes, most cordless snow blowers can easily fit in your car. They are designed to be lightweight and maintain their portability, so you won’t have a problem putting one in your car’s trunk.
How long do cordless snow blowers last?
Snow blowers if maintained properly can last for several years. Depending on the brand and the materials used on your cordless snow blower, you can expect it to last for at least 10 years with proper usage and maintenance.
What’s the best time to buy yourself a new snow blower?
Most brands release their new snow blowers during the months of April and May. We suggest you get one in May or June to score the best deals for the older versions that were released last year. They may not be the latest, but they can still do the job just as well as the brand new ones.