Last Updated on February 20, 2021
Cold weather can be very brutal to your body, particularly to your fingers, toes, nose, and ears. These parts are at greater risk of freezing injuries since they don’t have major muscles that produce heat. So as soon as the winter season kicks in and the temperature starts to drop, you must keep these body parts fully covered and protected.
So how exactly do you keep your ears covered? With the many products available today, we understand that it can be difficult to choose which one to buy. To help you out we have made a list of the best ways on how to cover ears in winter.
Top 10 Ways on How to Cover Ears in Winter
Hats and beanies are some of the best accessories during the cold winter weather. You can choose models with snug-fitting ear flaps or those that can be pulled down over the ears. Both are practical and functional, covering and protecting two of the most important parts of your body – your head and your ears. They are warm and they are available in a wide variety of colors and styles. So surely, you can find one that matches your style.
To help make your search easier, here are our top picks for hats that can cover your ears:
- C.C Hats and Scarf Exclusives Unisex Beanie with Pom
- Head Measurements: 57 cm, 22-3/8", Size 7-1/8.
- Unisex Knitted Beanie with Faux Fur Pom
- Our comfortable beanie keep your head and ear warm during the winter. This beanie can be worn both casual and sophisticated wear and also perfect for outdoor fashion, including biking, camping, ice...
If you are looking for a stylish beanie that will keep your head and ears warm and cozy, then C.C’s beanie with pom is a great choice. It is ideal for both casual and formal settings, and perfect for outdoors. You can wear it for winter sports activities, on your way to work, or for everyday use.
- Meriwool Unisex Merino Wool Cuff Beanie Hat
- Package Includes: 1 - Unisex 250g/m² merino wool beanie – Charcoal Gray
- SOFT & WARM: 100% all natural superfine 18.5-micron Merino wool ensures comfort all day long – no itch! Unisex Merino wool cold weather hat for men’s and women’s use while camping, hiking,...
- BREATHABLE: Keeping you cool in summer and warm in winter, 250g/m2 weight interlock-knit Merino wool fashion beanie is double layered for improved fit and durability with clean finish seams for a...
- WICKING & ODOR RESISTANCE: Merino wool’s natural wicking and odor-resistant properties keep you dry and comfortable while active in cold weather. Through the process of wicking, Merino wool is the...
Merino wool is one of the best fabrics around, providing exceptional warmth and comfort. So it’s not surprising that it makes one of the best hats around. And if you are interested in trying the fabric, Meriwool Beanie Hat is a good option.
Made with 100% natural superfine 18.5-micron merino wool, it is soft and warm. It is also breathable, wicking, and odor-resistant. Furthermore, it works well in any setting, whether it be sports, casual, or work.
- Eddie Bauer Men’s Down Aviator Hat
- 650-fill Premium Down
- Faux fur lining
If you prefer a hat with ear flaps, consider the Eddie Bauer for men. It is perfect for extremely cold weather conditions as it is made with 650-fill premium down. This hat can also keep you protected and dry with its water-repellent acrylic/polyester shell. Furthermore, its ear flaps are lined with soft faux fur. So it can keep you fully warm and comfortable.
- Dosoni Winter Hats for Women
- ❉ This cute style is one size fits all and with braids and a pom pom detail, you get that classic winter look every woman loves.
- ❉ These fabulous fleece fashion pieces are made of durable materials such as polyester, cotton and acrylic that provides a snug-yet-comfortable fit that will keep in the warmth and block out the...
- ❉ Easy to care for at home, our cute beanies are machine washable and are built and priced for ultra comfort.
- ❉ A must have cold weather accessory, don’t leave home without The DOSONI Snowflake Beanie.
For women looking for hats with earflaps, check out Dosoni winter hats. They are available in a wide selection of colors and designs, each one guaranteed cute and stylish. Furthermore, they have braids and pom-poms that will work well with any attire.
2. Ear Warmers
Ear warmers or fleece headbands are designed specifically to cover your ears and keep them warm and toasty. They are comfortable and they are inexpensive as well. Moreover, they won’t give you “hat hair”. On the downside, however, ear warmers look a bit sporty. So they may not go well with every attire, especially when you’re wearing formal clothes.
If you’re looking for a good ear warmer, we recommend the following:
- Loritta Women’s Ear Warmer’s Headbands Winter
- Beautiful Design - The headbands for women is made of stretchy soft acrylic material, unisex style. Handcrafted fleece cable knit headband. This well-made knit hair bands ear warmer can protect your...
- Suit Every Situation - Stay warm but look trendy during the cold months in this knit head wrap. Wonderful fleece winter ear warmers for you and your family wearing while skiing, snowboarding, skating,...
- One Fits Most - The hair hoop Height 4.3 inches. Headband circumference: 19.7 inches (can be stretched to 28.7 inches). This knitted head wrap is suitable for most women and girls. One size fits most....
- Perfect Gift Ideas - These ear warmer headband women are exactly what you and your family need in winter, spring and autumn. Foldable and definitely save a lot of space. Good gift choice for your...
Stay warm and trendy in winter with the Loritta Ear Warmer for women. It is available in 7 colors and designs, so you’ll certainly find one that matches your style. Overall, this handcrafted fleece knit headband not only looks good but is also effective in keeping your ears protected from the cold.
- Brook + Bay Women’s Winter Ear Warmer Headband
- Say Goodbye To Cold Ears & Bad Hair Days: Tired of cold ears or winter hair? Don’t want a hat that’ll mess up your hair? Then let our cold weather headband come to your rescue. It keeps your...
- Warm, Toasty Comfort You Won’t Want To Take Off: These knit headbands keep your ears and forehead warm without sacrificing your style. Each headband is fleece-lined for extra warmth and comfort —...
- Stylish & Functional: Wear this headband to dress up buns and ponytails, make braids more interesting, and even turn messy hairstyles into something fabulous. Whether in the office or on your commute,...
- Versatile & Travel-friendly: These ear warmers work even when you’re wearing glasses, headphones or ear pods. You can easily match this headband with your favorite winter outfits as it comes in an...
Here’s another soft and stretchy headband ear warmer for women that’s cheap and warm. It is also a popular choice since it won’t mess up your hair, making it perfect when you wear buns or ponytails. Furthermore, it’s small, functional, and portable. You can easily store it inside your bag or pocket, and wear it anywhere.
- Outdoor Essentials Ear Warmer Headband
- Warmth, Comfort & Performance: Whether you're working out or hanging out, you'll love the warmth and performance stretch of our fleece ear warmers.
- Listen To Your Ears: No more numb frozen winter ears, they say! Give them this winter headband to keep them nice and toasty. They'll thank you, we promise.
- You Won't Want To Take It Off: The premium fleece retains heat while the spandex blend ensures a snug fit over your ears. You'll be so comfortable, you'll forget you're wearing our ear warmers! Our...
The Outdoor Essentials Ear Warmer works well with both men and women. It is easy to store, use, and it’s warm too. Also, it is high performing. Its premium fleece material can retain heat while its spandex blend ensures a snug fit. So you can say goodbye to frozen ears this winter.
Earmuffs are a popular option for wearing over your ears during winter. They can protect your ears from the cold or noise, and they can keep them nice and warm. Also, they are very similar to ear warmers where they only cover your ears. This is a better choice when doing strenuous activities since most of your body stays comfortably warm except for the ears. However, like ear warmers, earmuffs might not go well with your everyday outfits.
But if you do prefer to use earmuffs, here are the top products you can choose from:
- Knolee Unisex Earmuffs
- Earmuffs Material: Outside is high quality knitting, inside is comfortable plush (acrylic, polyester) .The ear warmers will keep you comfortable and warm all the winter.Shield the wind from ears...
- Size Adjustable: The Ear Warmers can fit different size head. because it is adjustable.so when you use it,you can't get any discomfort!
- Multi-purpose is what you want:Our foldable earmuffs is great winter accessory!Good choice for biking,hiking,skiing,running,hunting and every winter outdoor activities!Also,a unisex earmuffs would be...
- Your good partner in winter:Our winter ear warmer is foldable and adjustable,convenient and lightweight!It’s easy to fold into a smaller size and portable! Our durable earmuffs will accompany you...
The Knolee Earmuffs are foldable and adjustable, making them great accessories for the winter. They can keep you comfortable and warm throughout the season, and they can shield your ears from the wind without blocking sound. Moreover, they are available in different colors and they can fit both men and women.
- 180s Men’s American Wool Winter Earmuffs
- Keep Your Ears Warm & Comfortable: Enhance your active outdoor lifestyle; whether you’re zipping down a mountainside in sub-zero temperatures, taking an early morning run, or walking home from work...
- The ORIGINAL Behind-the-Head EAR WARMER: Back in 1995, 180s was the first to create the innovative, patented Behind-the-Head Earmuff and it still reigns supreme. Designed and developed in the USA this...
- Premium High-Quality Material: The Ear Warmers are made with Premium Wool, and is available in a variety of colors. The inner material is a high-quality Sherpa Lining and has a unique Primaloft...
- Patented, Fully Collapsible Design: These earmuffs collapse into a very small size, so you can toss them in your briefcase, bag, backpack, or luggage without taking up a lot of room; perfect for...
For men interested in earmuffs, the 180s American Wool is a great choice. It is available in sleek and stylish colors. Moreover, they are comfortable and convenient too. They are fully collapsible, so you can simply fold and toss them inside your bag when you don’t need them.
Scarves are another popular way on how to cover ears in winter. They are stylish and they go well in either formal or casual attire. Furthermore, they can provide you with more protection against the cold weather since they can cover not only your ears but your face, neck, and nose as well.
If you are interested in using a scarf, you can choose from any of the top products below:
- C.C Women’s Ultra Soft Chenille Ribbed Thick Warm Scarf
- Made with 100% soft polyester
- Measurement : 90" long x 20" width
- One size fits most
- Stretchy warm knit
If you prefer to use a scarf, consider the C.C Chenille Scarf. It is made with 100% soft polyester, making it warm and stretchy. It is also available in a variety of colors, so you can wear it in multiple styles.
- FULLRON Men Winter Cashmere Scarf Soft Warm
- WINTER CASHMERE SCARF - Exclusively made with high-quality fabric, fine texture, warm and softness.
- SUPER SOFT AND WARM - Our super soft & beautifully designed men scarf is stylish yet practical and provides comfort and protection from the winter cold.
- FASHIONABLE AND UNIQUE DESIGN - These exclusive pattern and color combinations can be paired with your favorite coat, jacket or sweater.
- MEN'S LONG SCARF - Size: 70¡± x 12¡±. Tightly woven and hand tailored scarf will keep your neck warm during those cold winter months.
For men who are interested in using a scarf, the FULLRON is a good option. It is made with high-quality cotton fabric and cashmere, giving it its fine texture. This blend also makes it warm and soft. On top of that, it’s highly fashionable and you can pair it with your favorite sweater, jacket, or winter coat.
Another option on how to cover ears in winter is through a hood, especially in extremely cold conditions. It can keep your whole head warm and protect your ears from injuries due to the weather. Additionally, it can effectively block cold winds from reaching and damaging your skin.
Here are our top picks for the best hoods for winter:
- Tough Headwear Balaclava Ski Mask
- Coldproof: Nasty wind chills are no match for this heavyweight balaclava. Our wind-resistant ski mask is made with thick, premium polar fleece. Now you can stay toasty whether you’re skiing, working...
- Heavy Duty Protection: Get the coverage you need from snow, wind, dust and UV. Stay protected and warm all winter long.
- Ultimate Comfort: This balaclava’s heavyweight polar fleece is extremely soft, and keeps you warm and dry. An additional stretchy, breathable panel protects your face while wicking away moisture....
- More Ways To Keep Warm: If you can think of it, you can wear it. This balaclava can be worn as a neck warmer, half mask, ninja hoodie, or a full balaclava for the best cold weather protection.
For extreme cold conditions where you want to protect not only your ears but also your head and face, we recommend the Tough Headwear Balaclava. It is made with thick, premium polar fleece, making it coldproof and wind-resistant. It can also provide you the coverage you need from the snow, dust, wind, and even the sun’s UV rays. Thus, you can stay safe and protected all winter long.
- Self Pro Balaclava Fleece Hood
- ✅ Ultimate Protection from Cold, Wind, Dust and Sun's UV Rays. Headwear Bundle: Unisex Versatile Balaclava. Perfect fit for Women Men and Children - Protect Yourself & Family
- ✅ We use Premium Hi-Tech Soft Fleece to produce High-Quality Outdoor Sports Masks which Provide Premium Performance for Breathability, Absorbency, Wicking, Durability and Abrasion Resistance. Stay...
- ✅ Ultimate Versatility: Wear Them While: Skiing, Motorcycling, Running, Biking, Trekking, Mountain Climbing, Snowboarding, Airsoft paintball, Hunting, Tactical training, Cycling and other outdoor...
Here’s another good choice for a hood. The Self Pro Balaclava can provide you the ultimate comfort and protection against the elements. Made with soft fleece, this hood is breathable, absorbent, wicking, durable, and resistant to abrasion. It also has a longer neck and front, giving it better wind and cold protection.
Now, there you have it! As you can see, there are many ways on how to cover ears in winter. You simply have to choose which one best matches your style, taste, and needs.