Last Updated on October 17, 2020
Working during winter can be challenging, especially if the cold gets too uncomfortable or distracting. When the temperature in your office gets too low, you may start feeling pain. Sitting for long hours can also make you feel stiff and cause strains in your body. Furthermore, this can cause you to lose focus, thus, making you inefficient. Luckily, there are heated office chairs to help you in such cases.
A heated office chair has heating wires and heat pads built inside the chair’s material. It is perfect for keeping you warm during the winter season as well as during colder days. It can also provide heat to your body, which can help soothe your muscles and ease your pain. This type of office chair can also help you with stress and relaxation.
Our Top Picks At A Glance
What to Look for in Heated Office Chairs?
There are several heated office chair models available today. Thus, you might find it a bit overwhelming to find the right one for you. So to help you out, here are some of the features you need to look out for when choosing a heated chair.
The first thing you have to look out for when choosing an office chair is design. Since you’ll be sitting on it most of the day, you need a chair that can provide you the most comfort. So look for heated chairs with ergonomic designs. This means having padding or supports for the back and neck.
The material of a chair affects its comfortability and durability. It also affects its method of cleaning. Generally, leather chairs are more durable and you can easily wipe them clean. On top of that, they look better in the office setting as well.
Now, almost all heated office chairs claim to be leather. The most common “leather” office chairs are bonded (reconstituted leather) and faux leather (synthetic and cheapest). Bonded leather heated chairs are less common. But if you find one, it’s a better option since it can last longer and look more authentic than faux leather.
For faux leather, they can be either PU leather or PVC leather. You can choose PU if you are looking for a realistic leather-like chair. If you prefer to have a more durable and tougher chair, go with PVC. Just take note, PVC leather doesn’t have the same look as natural leather.
Look for heated chairs that are remote-operated. They will be easier to use and adjust while in the office.
Office Chair Features
When choosing which heated chair to buy, consider the regular features of an office chair as they will ensure comfort and functionality. This includes an adjustable height, lock function, padded armrest, 360 degrees swivel, and reclining backrest.
Look for chairs that can provide ample warmth to your back and seat. For some models, they offer heating from the top of your back to your lower back and bottom. This will make you feel more relaxed and comfortable.
While not necessary, it can be beneficial if you find heated chairs with extra features such as those with massage capabilities. This will make your time in the office more stress-free and comfortable.
Now that you know which factors to look for, you can make a better and informed choice when it comes to choosing heated office chairs. But to make your search easier, here are our top picks for the best heated office chairs.
Top 3 Heating Chairs for the Office
1. Vinsetto High Back Office Chair with Heating Function and Footrest
- ✅7-POINT VIBRATING MASSAGE & HEATING FUNCTION: A total of 7 vibrating massage motors target 2 zones in the back and buttock and with heating function at the waist. A wired remote control is provided...
- ✅ALL-ROUND ADJUSTABLE: You can find your optimal position by adjusting the height of the office chair, tilt angle of the back, height of the armrest. Retractable footrest under the seat provides a...
- ✅ERGONOMIC DESIGN: Ergonomic line design with the wide padded armrest to fit your body curve, superior comfortable lumbar support and head pillow offer you the perfect seating experience.
- ✅QUALITY MATERIAL: Seat and backrest are covered with durable PU and padded with high density sponge, provides comfortable sitting experience.
The Vinsetto High Back Office Chair is a handsome seat that will go well with your office space. It is available in white, brown, and black, and it’s packed with some pretty amazing features. For one, it has a heating function at the waist as well as 7 vibration massage points on the back and seat. These can all be adjusted through the remote controller wired to the chair.
This chair also has an ergonomic line design that fits your body curve well. So you can sit for hours more comfortably. Furthermore, this chair features a padded armrest, head pillow, and lumbar support. You can also adjust the height and tilt the angle of the back. It even has a retractable footrest that you can use during breaks.
Made with PU leather and padded with high-density sponge, this is a comfortable and attractive chair that you will love to have around your home or office.
2. HOMCOM High Back Faux Leather Executive Heated Chair
- ✅EFFECTIVELY RELIEVE FATIGUE: Executive massage chair with a curved PU leather design provides built-in lumbar support to the entire upper and lower back regions to prevent fatigue.
- ✅HEATING AND VIBRATING MASSAGE: Customize your massage with the remote that controls 6 different massage settings with built-in independent heating and vibrating options that target the upper back,...
- ✅FULL BODY COMFORT: Padded seat, armrests, and backrest can recline up to 135 degree to provide superior full body support. Slightly rocking back and forth for added comfort.
- ✅EXTRA PADDED MATERIAL: Upholstered in high quality, extra-padded PU leather to keep you comfortable while sitting for long periods of time. The high-quality PU leather can be easily cleaned and is...
Here is another heated chair with massage settings. The HOMCOM High Black Faux Leather Heated Chair offers just the right amount of heat to keep you comfortable during winter and cold days. To be specific, its temperature range is from 60 to 70 degrees celsius, and it can target your upper back, lower back, and legs. Its vibrating massage is also pretty good with 6 different settings. Thus, you can adjust the intensity according to your needs.
This chair is made with extra-padded PU leather, making it comfortable and easy to clean. It has a padded body from the seat to the armrests and backrest. There’s also an upper back and lumbar support. Thus, you can stay seated on it for a longer period.
3. Windaze Massage Office Swivel Heated Chair
- Massage Keeps Relax: The chair work with six different vibration points that start from healing back support to thigh circulation and comfort. The chair features on relaxing your aching muscles
- Soft Material: PVC leather upholstery with dense foam padding for superior comfort, which is eco-friendly recycled. 5 durable casters and 100mm lift 2-level gas rod makes it's stable
- Well Functional for Convenient Use: 360 degree swivel, adjustable seat height with heating and massage options for upper back, waist, and thighs
- Remote Controller for Easy Use: The chair comes with remote control to change massage settings, choosing time, intensity, mode, heat, etc
The Windaze Massage Heated Chair is the cheapest unit on our list. In under $140, you can have a chair with heating and vibrating massage features. Not to mention that it looks and feels good too. It has all the functions of a regular office chair, including a 360-degree swivel, adjustable height, and padded armrest.
This heated chair is made with PVC leather and padded with dense foam to provide you superior comfort. Furthermore, its heating functions extend from the back to your seat. While not too powerful, it can help relieve tension and increase your circulation. This chair also features 6 vibration points to help you relax your aching muscles. You can use the remote control to adjust the massage settings, heating, and duration.
Pros and Cons of Heated Chairs for the Office
A common disadvantage among heated chairs is their power source. They are all corded and require to be plugged in an electrical socket to work. This presents a tripping hazard, and it can also get in your way. However, if you position the cord properly, this won’t be much of a problem. Now, why not just get a cordless unit, right?
Well, not quite. The most effective heated chairs today are still corded. Usually, when powering heated chairs at the office, a 230V power supply is required.
Another issue that many people comment about heated massage chairs is the noise that comes with using it. This is brought about by the massaging features, which for some is very distracting when working. Thus, if you don’t want a noisy chair, you might skip on using the vibrating massage function.
Now, the biggest advantage of using heated chairs for the office is that you can enjoy the benefits of heat therapy. Because they are equipped with heating elements, they can provide you instant relief when in the office. Aside from comfort, applying heat in a certain area can increase blood flow, relieve muscle spasms, reduce pain and inflammation, and decrease joint stiffness.