Last Updated on February 1, 2021
Our cars work extra harder during the colder months, but no part is more beat down than wiper blades. While they may seem to play such a small role, using the wrong pair during winter can make you drive in the blind – which can be very dangerous. However, even the best blades work hard when ice, snow, and rain are concerned.
So which ones can effectively give you a clear field of view? Here are the best winter wiper blades that can help you get where you want to be safely and without any problems.
Top 4 Wiper Blades for Your Car This Winter
1. Bosch ICON 22A Wiper Blade
- Exclusive fx dual rubber resists heat and ozone deterioration and proven to last up to 40% longer than other premium wiper blades
- Easy installation with original equipment-quality hook adapter (Hook arm 9x3 & 9x4)
- Patented beam design with shielded connector optimizes visibility even under extreme weather conditions
- Exclusive tension spring arcing technology creates a fit that’s custom-contoured to the curvature of each side of the windshield
Here’s a popular name in the market. The Bosch ICON 22A Wiper Blade has over 25,621 reviews on Amazon with a 4.6 out of 5-star rating. So needless to say, a lot of people have had a good experience with the product.
There’s one user who says the Bosch was “easy to install and effective in Minnesota winter weather.” There’s also one user who described the product as an “effective, quiet wiper blade. Excellent in both winter and summer conditions. In the Chicago area, this is important.” However, other users didn’t have such a great experience with the product with some people questioning the ICON’s quality.
Made with dual rubber material with beam blades design, the Bosch ICON 22A is one of the strongest wipers you can buy today. This also makes it more suitable for snow and ice build-up. Furthermore, it has no brackets or hinges. Thus, adding to its longevity. It has enclosed tension springs as well for superior performance.
2. Rain-X Latitude Water Repellency Wiper Blade (2 Pack)
- The Rain-X Latitude Water Repellency Wiper Blade, 18" - 2 Pack fits 1985-2005 Chevy Astro, 1991-2001 Ford Explorer, 1980-1996 Ford F-150, 1990-2015 Mazda Miata and many other Makes and Models. Check...
- More Than Just a Wiper Blade! 2-IN-1 Wiper Blade + Water Repellent - Clears & Repels Water. An aerodynamic spoiler prevents wind lift and delivers a quiet wipe
- 2017 Product of the Year Winner - Car Care Category (survey of 40, 000 people by Kantar TNS)
- Rain-X Water Repelling Coating - Applied to the windshield by the wiper blades and lasts for months
The Rain-X Latitude Water Repellency Wiper Blade can apply a water repellent coating to your windshield, causing the water to bead up and roll away while you are driving. Thus, making it easier to clear and repel the elements for ultimate visibility in any weather. It has a beam blade design, meaning it follows the contours and curvature of your windshield. This results in smooth and virtually streak-free wipes.
This wiper has a universal adapter that is easy to install. You can even do it in minutes. It also fits most vehicles, and it is made with premium graphite-coated, blended synthetic rubber squeegee. So it can better withstand rain, snow, and sleet.
If you’re wondering what people are saying about the Rain-X Latitude, one user said: “These are the best wiper blades I have owned. I bought another pair of them. For the price, I expected them to last more than one winter season.” Another user also said, “I never use repellent before but now after using it I’m not gonna use any other wiper. Best wipers I ever bought.” However, like most products, the Rain-X didn’t work as well with other users.
3. Trico Ice 35-240 Extreme Weather Winter Wiper Blade
- Unmatched winter performance combined with sleek styling
- Constructed armor shields blade from severe weather and protects critical wiper components from ice and snow
- Robust, heavy-gauge wiper element resists tearing in sub-zero temperatures
- Smooth, quiet performance and sleek, wedge-shaped spoiler clears away snow and ice
The Trico Ice 35-240 is a wiper blade that’s designed for extreme winter conditions. It has a rugged construction and is built with synthetic blended armor. This armor makes it flexible and able to protect itself against ice and snow. Thus, making the wiper blade durable and perfect when the temperature starts to drop. Furthermore, this wiper blade has a one-click easy installation process. Once on, it makes a smooth and quiet performance.
With 2,637 reviews and a 4.4 out of 5-star rating, Trico Ice has been doing well based on customer reviews. For one, a user shared the following about the product: “These work great for winter conditions. Little to no streaking and are still flexible during temps as low as -20°F.” Another user also said, “Second year I used them. Work great for winter driving. I have tried others, and they do not perform as well as this product.”
4. Beam Force XTREME Wiper Blades
- WIPER RUBBER USED ON TRAINS, SHIPS & AIRCRAFT – Our Beam Force XTREME wiper blades are fitted with Japanese ‘FUKOKU’ rubber used on wiper blades for trains, ships and aircraft - a brand of...
- SECUREST J-HOOK CONNECTION AVAILABLE – Unlike standard J-Hook or multi-adapter wiper blades, our DirectFit™ adapters are mounted directly onto the frame of the blade and will NOT loosen over time...
- CHOOSING A BEAM TYPE BLADE – Beam blades have very few moving parts that allow it to last much longer vs. conventional blades. Tension springs inside the frame offer infinite pressure points for...
- CREATING LASTING IMPRESSIONS NATIONWIDE – From the first wipe to the last one, longevity is at the core of every Beam Force XTREME wiper blade, which is why so many of our first-time customers...
The Beam Force XTREME Wiper Blades, according to a user, are “Excellent wipers. Got me through winter. Good quality. Will buy again.” Another user also says, “Took me a few days to decide which wiper blades I want to get to replace my old ones. I finally went for this Beam Force XTREME to combat the rough Chicago winter and snow. So far these wiper blades have been doing the job impressively! Great quality for a reasonable price. Highly recommend this.”
Made with the same rubber material used for trains, aircraft, and ships, the Beam Force XTREME can effectively keep your windshield clear until you get to your destination safely. Also, since these are beam type blades, they have very few moving parts that allow them to last longer than conventional blades. Moreover, they have tension springs inside the frames, helping them quietly and fully wipe the curvature of your windshield.
Buying Guide for the Best Winter Wiper Blades for Your Car
There are tons of wiper blades in the market today, making it difficult to choose the right pair. So to guide you in the right direction and to ensure you won’t make the wrong choice, here is the list of things you should look out for in a wiper blade for winter. These are also the same factors we used to determine which products to include in our top picks for winter wipers.
Good blades are usually made of rubber or silicone composite material. They should be able to wipe your windshield clear without leaving any streaks, smears, or moisture.
2. Water Repellent
When choosing winter wiper blades, consider models that have water repellent abilities. This gives you an added element of coating, making each pass of your wipers more effective against the rain, ice, and snow.
The wipers you choose should be easy to install. Preferably, ones that you can easily put on straight out of the box.
Durability is one of the most important factors you should look out for when choosing the best winter wiper blades. To do that, look for models that are infused with Teflon or graphite as this will provide extra strength. Also, consider getting beam blades. These are wipers with fewer metal parts, which are prone to breaking off. Thus, making them better at clearing heavy residue, including ice and snow.
Now, if you’re always on-the-go during winter season, it might not be a bad idea to get a snow blower for your car.