Our Top Pick – Best Winter Coats for New York
We have found the best winter coats for New York, and our top pick is the Canada Goose Chelsea Parka for women and the Eddie Bauer Superior Down Parka for men. These warm and cozy winter coats are perfect for those who need to endure the cold climate in New York on a daily basis. Both come with stylish designs and top-notch insulation to keep you warm during those cold winter days in the busiest city in the world.
Read on for more information, or click the link below to read more reviews on Amazon.
Here are the Best Winter Coats for New York that we have included in our review
Winter in the Big Apple is beautiful with twinkling lights, bare trees, and towers topped with snow. It is during this time that the city is in its most picturesque state. However, New York winters are also known for being cold, wet, and windy. Sometimes, cold spells happen, and the temperature can reach extreme levels. And due to the wind, the air feels even colder. Thus, it’s important to bundle up and choose the right coat to match New York’s winter conditions.
However, with the many selections, brands, and varieties available today, choosing which one to buy can be difficult. So to help you out and to narrow down your options, here’s our list of the best winter coats for New York. But before that, here’s a couple of things to remember when buying.
Tips for Choosing the Best Winter Coats for New York
- Check the label: Since winters in New York can be wet and windy, it will help to find coats that are waterproof or at least water-resistant. So check the label and make sure that it is marked as such.
- Select the right type of insulation: Insulation is crucial when choosing a coat as this will be the feature that’s responsible for keeping you warm. If you need a coat that can save you during the coldest and windiest months of winter, which is January and February in New York, consider getting a coat with down insulation. While coats with synthetic insulation will do too, they tend to wear down faster.
- Check the length: To stay warm and protected during extremely cold temperatures, look for coats that can cover at least your hips.
- Look for pockets and hood: These are all important features even if you wear a hat or gloves. They will come handy against the chilly wind of New York.
- Invest in a quality coat: High-quality coats tend to cost higher. However, a coat is an investment. Once you find the perfect one, you probably don’t need to look for another again for a long time. Thus, take your time and prioritize quality over price.
Top 3 Women’s Winter Coats for New York
1. Canada Goose Chelsea Parka for Women
- Rated a 3 on Canada Goose's Thermal Experience Index, this jacket should keep you warm around 10?F
- Removable 2-way adjustable tunnel hood (hood opening and vertically) with an adjustable bracing wire for superior protection in high-wind conditions
- Removable coyote fur ruff with snap attachment keeps wind and snow out of your face
Canada Goose is a popular brand known for its high-quality winter coats that can endure extremely cold conditions. The company’s down coats are among the toughest and most insulating winter garments today. And it’s no different with the Canada Goose Chelsea Parka for women.
This coat has a water-resistant Arctic-Tech fabric exterior that makes it durable and water-resistant. It is hip length and designed with a removable hood, fleece-lined handwarmer, exterior and interior pockets, and a zipper closure. Moreover, it has a temperature rating of up to -10 degrees to -20 degrees Celcius. Thus, it can keep you warm and protected even during January, which is the coldest month in New York.
2. Columbia Women’s Flurry Run Down Long Coat
- OMNI HEAT TECHNOLOGY, OMNI TECH TECHNOLOGY, BREATHABLE AND WATERPROOF, DOWN 80% FEATHER, COLOR BLACK. DETACHABLE HOOD, REMOVABLE FUR
Here’s another leading brand in the winter garments department. The Columbia Women’s Flurry Run Down Long Coat is perfect for keeping you warm and toasty during chilly weather. The reason behind this is its design and build.
This coat features the company’s Omni-heat technology and down feather insulation. Thus, making it breathable, waterproof, and warm. It also runs long, providing you added protection from the cold.
3. The North Face Women’s Arctic Parka II
- The North Face Size Chart
- Please note, the logo and hardware color may vary in styles marked as Prior Season.
- Keep dry and warm this season no matter what nature throws at you with this performance parka from The North Face®.
- Slim fit has a modern cut that hugs the body while still leaving room for movement.
North Face specializes in outdoor equipment and clothing. So it’s no wonder their Women’s Arctic Parka II can deliver. It is durable, windproof, waterproof, and made with a poly-urethane coated inner layer that helps with breathability. Furthermore, it features down insulation, a removable hood, and a tall stand collar to protect you from the cold wind. With this on, you can keep dry, warm, and stylish in New York no matter how bad the weather gets.
Top 3 Men’s Winter Coats for New York
1. Eddie Bauer Men’s Superior Down Parka
- No matter what kind of weather winter throws at you, this men's parka jacket has you coverd.
- This men's parka coat has a waterproof/breathable nylon shell that turns away rain, sleet, snow, or hail and can outlast any winter storm.
- The 650 Premium down insualtion keeps you warm even when the mercury goes sub-zero and makes this one of the warmest men's coats we've built.
- The detachable hood with removable faux fur ruff brings added style and warmth on the coldest of days. It also includes inner, rib-knit storm cuffs that further seal out the cold.
The Eddie Bauer Men’s Superior Down Parka offers full protection from the cold, wet, and windy winter weather conditions in New York. It has a breathable and waterproof shell that can repel sleet, rain, hail, and snow. It also features a 650 premium down insulation, which can keep you warm and comfortable even during sub-zero temperatures. Overall, this is a functional and stylish coat for men that can save you from the coldest of days.
2. The North Face Bedford Men’s Down Jacket
- 75% Down hooded parka.Zip/snap closure. Multiply pockets.Removable fur. Adjustable hood.North Face Logo. Authentic
Here’s another one from North Face. The Bedford Men’s Down Jacket features 75% down insulation, removable fur, zip and snaps closure, adjustable hood, and multiple pockets. It is warm, durable, and holds up pretty well against wet weather. Thus, making it a great choice for those freezing winter mornings and evenings in New York.
3. Tommy Hilfiger Men’s Full-Length Snorkel Coat
- Rib knit storm cuffs for added warmth
- Fly front dual closure with zipper and buttons
- Removable faux fur trim on hood
- Zip through collar with additional snap closure option for added warmth and function
Tommy Hilfiger also offers a great and stylish coat for those living in the Big Apple. Their Full-Length Snorkel Coat not only looks handsome but it can perform just as well too. Furthermore, it is available in various colors and designs so you can add variety to your winter fashion.
The Tommy Hilfiger Full-Length Coat is water-resistant and provides serious warmth, protecting you from any cold front. However, it’s great for milder temperatures too. It has good amounts of pockets, rib-knit storm cuffs, zipper, button closure, and zip through collar, which adds warmth and function. Also, if the faux fur on the hood isn’t your style, you can remove it as well.
There you have it. These are our top picks for the best winter coats for New York. Each coat in our list is not only warm but also very stylish as well. So you can look good and stay protected even in intense cold.