It’s that time of year when the weather turns colder and you start to fret about the impending winter weather. If you own a home, then you are certainly thinking about the need for snow removal from your sidewalks and driveways. Snow removal with a shovel can be a rigorous task even for the healthiest of individuals.
Thankfully, snowblowers make that job easier.
But what is the best snow blower for small driveways?
What if you don’t have a large property to clear of snow, but you still need more than just your own body’s efforts to clear it?
We have found that certain snow blowers are best for the task of clearing your small driveway, sidewalk, deck, or even patio.
Bulky gasoline-powered snow blowers are likely overkill for this job. However, lightweight and easy to maintain cordless snow blowers are best for small driveways.
OUR TOP PICK – Best Snow Blower For Small Driveways
We Recommend the Greenworks PRO 80V cordless electric snow blower as our top pick for those with small driveways for the following reasons:
- Lightweight and maneuverable
- Easy to fold and store
- Quick re-charge times
- Maintenance-free, never worry if the engine will start
Read on for more information, or click the link below to read more reviews on Amazon.
- Ultimate performance 80V Li-ion systems delivers greater efficiency with up to 45 minutes of run time with 2.0 Ah battery
- Quiet, maintenance free brushless motor technology
- Quickly clear your driveway, sidewalks, patios, etc with a 20 inch clearing path
- Up to 10 inch of clearing depth
Greenworks PRO Specs:
When it comes to the best snow blower for small driveways, the Greenworks Pro Snow Blower comes out on top against the rest of its competition for the following reasons.
- Very user-friendly. No need to check out the Internet on how to make the product work the first time. Just click the push button on the machine to start it up and you can begin removing all the snow in your property.
- Low maintenance. Unlike traditional snow blowers before that uses gas and oil, this Greenworks Pro Snow Blower does not need those.
- High-quality build. From internal parts to its charger, Greenworks provides its customers with only the best machines that can withstand even the harshest of winter conditions. You can be confident that this powerful and versatile snow blower can complete any snow job fast and easy.
How long is your driveway?
For driveways under 100 feet long and 2-cars wide or less, then we recommend the following snow blowers for your situation.
Why are cordless snow blowers best for small driveways?
We find that cordless snow blowers are best for the following reasons: Reliability, Maneuverability, Maintenance, Storage, and Cost
Cordless electric snow blowers are much more reliable than their gas counterparts simply because they are much simpler machines. There is no engine, spark plugs, oil to mix with the gas, carburetors, etc. When you have a small driveway there is simply no reason to mess with the chance that your snowblower engine may not start when you need it most.
For smaller driveways, there is no reason for a bulky 100+ pound snow blower that is hard to push or pull around your property. Electric snow throwers are usually less than 40 pounds and much easier to move around to where you need it most.
Mixing gas, changing oil, cleaning carburetors, and re-filling gas cans are just some of the typical maintenance you have with “normal” gas snow blowers. With electrics, there is really no maintenance beyond keeping the batteries on the charger until you need them! There is nothing worse than having a snowblower whose engine won’t start when you need it most.
Most cordless snow blowers fold down very compact so that they do not use up valuable floor space in your garage. Most are lightweight enough to even hang on your garage wall.
Since you have a small driveway, you likely do not want to spend a fortune to buy a snowblower. Most models are less than $350 rather than $1000+ for larger gasoline-powered blowers. This means that you are not over-spending for a tool that is more than you really need.
A cordless snow shovel may also do the trick
If your driveway is very small, (20-30 feet long) then a cordless snow shovel may also work just fine. It will be a little more labor-intensive, but these machines can make quick work of removing a small snowfall.
- POWERFUL: 400 W motor moves up to 1,620 lbs. of snow per charge
- ERGONOMIC: Lightweight design (Only 11.7 lbs.) with adjustable back-saving handle
- iON+ 24-VOLT BATTERY SYSTEM COMPATIBLE: Includes 24V iON+ 4.0 Ah rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides up to 22 minutes of whisper-quiet runtime
- DURABLE: 2-blade high-impact, low-temperature paddle auger throws snow up to 20 feet and cuts a 11 in. X 7 in. Path