OUR TOP PICK – Best Halogen Heaters
We have found the best halogen heaters, and our top pick is the AAROND Outdoor Space Halogen Heater. This halogen heater has 3 different heat settings at 500, 1000, and 1,500 watts for different spaces and temperatures. It’s very easy to install and quiet during its operation so that you can better enjoy your free time and relax.
Read on for more information, or click the link below to read more reviews on Amazon.
Here are the Best Halogen Heaters that we have included in our review
Sufficient heating is a must if you want to make your home comfortable during cold months. And many products can help you achieve this, one of which is through halogen heaters. These type of heaters emits heat directly onto objects. As a result, they work fast and helps reduce energy consumption. They also offer high flexibility and controllability, and they are small and light too.
Unlike gas-powered heaters, halogen heaters are clean and safe. They are efficient, environment-friendly, and easy to install. Plus, they are highly effective in keeping you and your family warm during harsh weather conditions. These factors make them ideal for small rooms and outdoor areas such as patios and terraces.
If you are interested in using halogen heaters or looking into replacing your old unit, here’s a guide to help you find the best halogen heater for your home.
What to Look for When Choosing the Best Halogen Heater
One of the most important factors to look out for when buying a halogen heater is the size as this will give you an idea of how much heat it can produce. Generally, the smaller a heater is, the less energy it can radiate. Thus, the larger area you need the item for, the bigger the size you should purchase.
As a guide, halogen heaters range from small to extra-large. For smaller indoor rooms, you can use small to medium-sized halogen heaters with 1,200W to 2,000W power.
2. Safety Features
When it comes to choosing a heater, you need to make sure that it is safe to use. This is why you should look for essential safety features such as an automatic tilt switch. This will shut down the heater in case it tips or falls over. Furthermore, the case should remain cool to touch even when in use.
While halogen heaters are safe to use, some models tend to overheat, which can put you and your family in danger. Thus, you must look for units that automatically shut down when they become too hot. Also, don’t leave heaters unattended and follow the manufacturer’s instructions on how to use the product.
Some halogen heaters simply have switches for turning on and off. However, if you want to get more from your heater, it is best to go with advanced heaters. They are more convenient to use since they will allow you to get the temperature you need, set the time, and adjust the oscillation speed, if necessary. For more convenience, you can also look for units with remote control. This will allow you to adjust settings without going near the heater.
4. Extra Functions
Having a heater with multiple functions can also make your experience better. For instance, if you get a heater with an oscillating function, you can spread the heat in a room faster. A unit that offers different heat outputs is also ideal as you can decide how hot you want an area to be. However, while extra functions can provide you with many benefits, they can make the cost higher too.
Top 5 Halogen Heaters
Best Overall: AAROND Outdoor Electric Patio Heater
If you are looking for a halogen heater for your patio, you can check out the AAROND Outdoor Space Halogen Heater. It is equipped with 3 halogen fire tubes and available in 3 levels, from 500 to 1000 and 1,500 Watt. Thus, providing you the ideal temperature, depending on your needs.
The AAROND Outdoor Patio Heater is medium-sized but stands tall at 79.2 inches. However, you can adjust the height to your liking and tilt the head to any angle you want. Thus, you can position and direct the heat to the spot you need it for. Furthermore, this halogen heater has an IP34 rating for dust and water. It also has overheating and overturning safety features as well as a cover that prevents kids and pets from touching the heating elements.
Most Portable: Comfort Zone CZHTV9 Oscillating Electric Halogen Radiant Heater
- ☀️EFFICIENT RADIANT HEAT: Designed for small rooms, this space heater utilizes radiant heating technology to deliver instant warmth to objects and individuals directly in its path. With its...
- ☀️SLEEK AND SPACE-SAVING: With its slimline flat panel design, this heater effortlessly fits into smaller spaces, making it an ideal choice for rooms with limited floor space. Its sleek black...
- ☀️WIDE COVERAGE WITH OSCILLATION: The radiant heater is equipped with an oscillating function, allowing it to distribute warmth across a wider area. With a 70-degree oscillation range, it...
- ☀️USER-FRIENDLY CONTROL OPTIONS: With a convenient top-mounted control knob, operating the halogen heater is a breeze. You can effortlessly switch between the two heat settings and toggle the...
Here’s a small halogen heater that’s enough to heat small rooms. It’s a great choice for keeping warm in an office or bedroom. Measuring 21.75 inches high and 7.5 inches wide with a sleek slimline flat panel, the Comfort Zone CZHTV9 is one of the most portable halogen heaters around.
This heater has an oscillation function and 2 heat settings. It is also packed with smart safety features such as a tip-over auto switch and overheat protection. Furthermore, the molded handle stays cool even when in use.
However, since this is a small unit, it also comes with low heat output. At low, it can emit 400 and 800 Watts on high. But it can provide sufficient warmth for people and objects in front of it.
Most Portable Halogen Heater for Outdoors: Fire Sense Table Top Halogen Patio Heater
- No harmful emissions or toxic residuals
- Tip-over protection system for safety
- Weighted base for stability
The Fire Sense Table Top Halogen Heater is a great option for a small tabletop outdoor heater. It’s light and stylish, making it the perfect addition when spending time at your patio. It has a tip-over protection feature for safety and it is weighted for stability. You can also use it indoors.
This heater can produce 1,500 Watts or 5,100 BTU heat output. It’s also only 26 inches tall, making it highly portable. However, you do need a continuous supply of electricity to keep it working.
Best for Outdoors: Dr. Infrared Heater DR-238 1500W
- INDOOR and OUTDOOR HEATER - Heater is IP55 approved for both indoor and outdoor use - perfect for home, backyard, garages, open-air restaurant, outdoor patio or deck. Create a comfortable environment...
- CLEAN and INSTANT HEAT - Clean, instant and odorless Infrared heat with 3 power settings, 900W, 1200W, 1500W. 120V, 60Hz.
- PLUG and GO - uses standard 120V, remote controlled
- WALL and CEILING MOUNTED - Included wall and Ceiling mounting bracket
Here’s another halogen heater that can help you keep warm outdoors. With 3 heat output setting 900, 1200, and 1500 Watts to meet your needs, this heater from Dr. Heater DR-238 is a great option for your patio, balcony, and other outdoor spaces. It can also work for your garage or workshop.
The Dr. Infrared Heater is made from durable aluminum and can be easily installed on your wall, ceiling, or tripod. This heater is made to withstand moisture, condensation, and exposure to elements such as rain.
Best Small Halogen Heater for Indoors: Kingfisher 1200W Small Electric Halogen Heater with Mesh Guard
The Kingfisher Small Electric Heater is ideal for small areas. It is equipped with 3 halogen bulbs and features 3 heat settings, such as 400, 800, and 1200 Watts. Additionally, it is designed with a tip-over safety switch and mesh guard for protection. This heater has an oscillating function that helps circulate heat faster. It’s also cost-efficient, effective, and you can take it anywhere in your home.
What You Need to Know About Halogen Heaters
If you have decided to buy a halogen heater for your home, make sure to observe the following safety precautions.
- Regularly inspect your heater for any visible signs of damages or deterioration.
- While the case of halogen heaters usually remain cold to touch, their front grills don’t. They can become very hot, causing you burns when touched.
- Keep the heater away from draperies, rugs, or furniture.
- Position the heater on a level surface and put it away from things that can knock it over.
- Never get halogen heaters wet.
- Always make sure that the power is turned off before replacing the lamps or tubes.