Our Top Pick – Best Gloves for Winter
We have found the best gloves for winter, and our top pick is the Columbia Women’s Fast Trek Glove for women and the Carhartt Men’s Cold Snap Insulated Work Gloves for men. Both are soft and comfortable gloves made for those who plan to go outdoors often in chilly weather. Designed to provide a natural fit and great dexterity, these winter gloves are a joy to wear.
Read on for more information, or click the link below to read more reviews on Amazon.
Here are the Best Gloves for Winter that we have included in our review
According to studies, your hands are among the body parts that are most prone to frostbite. But even if don’t end up experiencing it, extreme cold temperatures can be really painful and uncomfortable. So your hands should be one of your greatest concerns, especially when the snow starts to fall. And you can do so with the best gloves for winter.
However, with the hundreds and thousands of gloves in the market today, it can be overwhelming to choose which one to go with. So to help you out, here’s a guide on how to choose winter gloves.
How to Choose the Best Gloves for Winter
When shopping around for winter gloves, make sure to look for the following factors:
Gloves can be made of different materials. The most common and most recommended type is leather. These types of gloves are highly capable of providing you the warmth you need. On top of that, they are durable and more likely to last for a very long time. You can also go with nylon or other synthetic materials, especially when you are planning to use gloves for outdoor sports and activities. On the other hand, cashmere and fleece can offer different warmth levels and protection as well.
2. Weather Resistance
Weather resistance is one of the most important factors you should consider when choosing gloves for winter. This is because you need them to keep up with the environment and outdoor conditions. Look for gloves that are windproof and waterproof or at least water-resistant so your hands won’t freeze when outdoors.
The best gloves for winter often have some kind of insulation to make sure your hands remain warm even in the coldest temperatures. Moderate insulation is enough as it will provide just enough heat to keep you warm but not too much to make your hands sweat. If your area only experiences light winter, you may look for gloves without insulation.
When choosing gloves, make sure to check if they allow movement. You should be able to move your fingers and hand comfortably while wearing them. This is so you won’t have to take them off and risk freezing your hands when you need to do something.
If you’re planning to use the gloves for outdoor winter sports and activities, best look for gloves with long cuffs to prevent water or snow from seeping in. For everyday use, you can choose gloves that have shorter cuffs.
Now that you know what to look for when choosing winter gloves, let us help narrow down your options with our list of the best winter gloves for women and men.
Best Winter Gloves for Women
Best Overall: Columbia Women’s Fast Trek Glove
- SOFT MICROFLEECE: These gloves are infused with soft 100% microfleece inside and out for superior warmth.
- WINTER GLOVES: Made for being active outdoors in cold weather, whether worn as a liner or on their own.
- INCREDIBLE COMFORT: Soft fleece with stitched elastic wrists help keep the cold out.
- FORM FITTING: Designed for provide a natural fit with great dexterity for winter activities.
Here’s the perfect pair of gloves during those cold winter days and nights. Made with 100% microfleece inside and out with 100% polyester shell, the Columbia Women’s Fast Trek Gloves provide additional warmth and comfort. They feel good against the skin, and they are effective in protecting your hands and fingers from the freezing weather.
Columbia is a popular brand that’s known for its quality materials, excellent craftsmanship, and well-made products. So if you are looking for lightweight gloves that can last, these would be a great choice.
Best For Casual: Downholme Classic Leather Cashmere Line Gloves for Women
- 100% CASHMERE LINING – A fine layer of lush warmth in your leather gloves, Downholme’s cashmere is superior to generic, low-quality cashmere blends, making them incredibly soft. Your hands will...
- 100% SUPERIOR LEATHER - Made of super-soft, genuine sheepskin leather, our gloves just fit nicely to the hands. The classic, supple design aims to protect without compromising dexterity. Unique,...
- BEAUTIFUL SIGNATURE GIFT BOX – Each pair of winter gloves is packed in a lovely branded gift box, making a perfect gift for any woman in your life. Charm your loved ones this Christmas with a pair...
- SOPHISTICATED YET PRACTICAL DESIGN – High quality, delicate leather, lined with a pure seamless knitted cashmere to complement any outfit (casual, business, or formal). Plus, the sleek and...
If you are looking for gloves that will keep you warm and stylish during winter, make sure to check out the Downholme Classic Leather Gloves. They are functional with timeless beauty, making them a great accessory for casual, business, or formal settings. They make as great gloves when driving, going to work, running errands, or simply going out.
Made with 100% leather and 100% cashmere lining, the Downholme Gloves are comfortable, soft, and warm. They are also very flexible and provides maximum dexterity. These are great gloves for women who want to stay fashionable even during chilly winter mornings. However, if your area experiences extreme temperatures, best find gloves with insulation.
Best For Winter Sports: MCTi Winter Women Gloves
- Thinsulate Warmth and Waterproof Insert: These low-bulk ski gloves with lightweight and breathable 3M C40 thermal thinsulate insulations provide hands added warmth.Waterproof TPU insert wick away...
- Durability and Wear-Resistance: The part between thumb finger and the index is reinforced with PU leather to protect against thumb joints pain in grip and ensures durability. Premium Anti-slip PU...
- Touch Screen Fingers: The thumb finger as well as the index and the middle part is covered with shock, can pick up call when skiing, snowboarding and riding without taking off the gloves.
- Brand Gloves Holder Wristbands: Equipped with one pair of gloves holder wristbands is in case of gloves lost when taking off the gloves, and prevent sudden thrown out in extreme rapid winter sports.
If you need gloves for skiing, snowboarding, or if you live in an area that experiences extremely cold temperatures, the MCTi Winter Women Gloves are certainly a great choice. They are made with 3M thermal Thinsulate insulation and 120 grams of thick cotton. Thus, providing you with complete comfort and warmth. They come with waterproof TPU inserts as well, which can wick away moisture and help keep your hand dry and cozy.
Best Winter Gloves for Men
Best Overall: Carhartt Men’s Cold Snap Insulated Work Gloves
- Insulated work glove featuring logo across knuckles, nose wipe, and wrist strap with barrel-lock adjuster
- Moisture-wicking lining
- Storm Defender waterproof breathable protection
Whether you need gloves for going out, driving, or doing work around your home, the Carhartt Men’s Cold Snap Insulated Work Gloves can surely deliver. Made with 100% polyester, moisture-wicking lining, and ultra-soft insulation, these gloves can keep your hands comfortable, warm, and dry. They are also designed to provide high dexterity and excellent grip, so you will have no problems with wet or dry surfaces.
The Carhartt Men’s Cold Snap Gloves are waterproof, breathable, and can provide you the heat and protection you need during the winter.
Best For Casual: Hestra Unisex Hesta Leather Gloves
- OUTER MATERIAL: Deerskin leather for supple and beautiful grain texture
- LINING: Brushed polyester for durability and softer feel with better insulation
- INSULATION PRIMALOFT GOLD: Warm, Breathable and Water Resistant
- ELASTIC: Helps glove to stay in place and protect from cold air
The Hestra Unisex Hesta Leather Gloves are perfect for going out during the winter season. They are made with deerskin leather material, which looks classy and stylish in any outfit. More importantly, they have Primaloft Gold insulation and brushed polyester lining. Thus, making these gloves water-resistant, warm, breathable, and soft against the skin.
If you are looking for gloves that can keep you protected while driving, going to work, walking your dog, or just staying outdoors during the cold, then consider the Hestra Leather Gloves. They are available in sizes for women as well.
Best For Winter Sports: Burton Men’s Gore-Tex Gloves with Removable Touchscreen Liner
- Waterproof DRYRIDE two-layer fabric shell; Gore Warm insert offers a dry and breathable level of performance
- Touchscreen-compatible for total device control without exposing your fingers; Ergonomic pre-curved fit
- Thermacore insulation with brushed microfiber fixed lining provides added warmth
- Removable four-way stretch DRYRIDE Thermex liner provides amplified warmth and versatility
Here’s a pair of gloves that can keep up with your exciting and rough winter sports activities. The Burton Men’s Gore-Tex Gloves are designed to endure rugged winter conditions. Made with DRYRIDE 2L fabric, Gore-Tex membrane, and Thermacore insulation, these gloves are guaranteed to keep your hands dry and warm even during the coldest winter days.
These gloves are waterproof, windproof, and breathable. Thus, giving you the protection you need when outdoors. What’s more, the Burton Men’s Gore-Tex comes with a removable touchscreen liner. You can use it separately when you simply need to shovel snow outside or when you need to access your phone.
Once you have selected the gloves you want, make sure to measure your hand before making a purchase. Proper sizing is crucial when it comes to winter gloves. Getting too small or too big gloves is not only uncomfortable, but it may also cause your hands to freeze more.