Choosing the best battery for trail cameras is more complicated than you might think. When it’s deer season, these devices become a need. They must have a good and consistent source of energy to perform at their best. AA batteries often power these tools. So, your choice will impact the camera’s longevity and quality.
Trail cameras are excellent equipment for your outdoor activities. We can also use these devices as outdoor security cameras to prevent theft and intruders.
The best trail cameras record HD video and photos. They are quick to respond and are wind-proof. They also have excellent batteries that allow them to run for an extended period of time. It’s ideal for hunting and can be paired with the finest hunting gloves.
What Are the Best AA Batteries for Trail Cameras?
Best for Cold Weather: Energizer AA Lithium Batteries
- 12 Pack of Energizer Ultimate Lithium [AA] Batteries
- Energizer Ultimate Lithium is the Longest Lasting AA Battery
- Leak proof construction protects the devices you love (based on standard use)
- Powers your most critical devices ideal for your smart home devices, outdoor surveillance systems, digital cameras, and handheld games
The Energizer Ultimate Lithium is our top pick for the best aa batteries for trail cameras. They arere the best in lifespan, charge, and ability to work in extreme temperatures.
It costs a little more than other batteries. Still, we’ve found that we do not have to worry about our trail cameras breaking down.
These batteries have a leak-proof design that keeps them safe. They can withstand harsh temperatures ranging from -40°F to 140°F, allowing you to use them in the cold.
- Cold-weather resistant
- Rated at 9 volts
- It may not be suitable for all
Best Rechargeable Lithium Batteries: Energizer NH15BP-8 Rechargeable AA Batteries
- 8 pack of Energizer Power Plus Rechargeable AA Batteries
- Energizer AA batteries offer up to a 5 year battery life for a lasting rechargeable AA battery option
- Energizer rechargeable batteries save money when you use the AA rechargeable battery with an Energizer Battery Charger
- AA batteries made with 15% recycled materials and chargeable batteries are designed to prevent leaks
We all know Energizer batteries for their high-capacity products. So, these are the best rechargeable batteries for trail cameras.
The Energizer NH15BP-8 Rechargeable AA Batteries is the most eco-friendly battery. Long-lasting features and maximum power are also hallmarks of the brand. It is ideal for trail cameras. It allows you to catch all the magnificent wildlife moments without missing a beat. You know it will work the entire time.
These batteries have a 500-charge capacity. It offers you the biggest bang for your buck. Give it a shot and see how long the stuff lasts.
- Shelf life: 12 months
- Reusable and cost-effective
- It consists out of 4% recycled batteries.
- Cold-weather resistant
- May drain quickly
Long-Lasting: Panasonic BK-3MCCA8BA Eneloop AA 2100 Cycle Ni-MH Pre-Charged Rechargeable Batteries
- Recharge up to 2100 times
- Maintain up to 70% of their charge after 10 years (when not it use)
- 2000mAh type, 1900mAh min, Ni-MH pre-charged rechargeable battery
- Pre-Charged at the factory using solar power and ready to use
Panasonic Eneloop Battery has been a name you can trust for years. It takes pride in effectively powering electronics. These batteries seem to hold a charge for a long time and do not deplete quickly. It’s a low-self-discharge battery that allows you to keep charged batteries on hand. It has a vast operating temperature range and a long service life. These batteries are completely safe to use and of exceptional quality. Try it out by photographing every gorgeous image you come across while hunting.
- Long-lasting and rechargeable
- Even under extreme heat or cold, it may be able to work successfully.
- It is entirely safe to use.
- It can keep up to 70% of its charge for up to ten years when not in use.
- It has the highest level of durability
- It can be dangerous when it leaks.
- Some batches contain materials that quickly degrade when used.
- Issues with the amount of charge that the batteries can hold
Easiest to Find: Duracell Coppertop AA Alkaline Batteries
- Duracell AA Batteries: The Duracell CopperTop Double A alkaline battery is designed for use in household items like remotes, toys, and more
- Duracell guarantees these batteries against defects in material and workmanship. Should any device be damaged due to a battery defect, we will repair or replace it at our option
- Long Lasting Power: Duracell alkaline batteries are designed and developed for long lasting performance
- Guaranteed for 10 years in Storage: Duracell AA alkaline batteries are guaranteed for 10 years in storage
Duracell Coppertops AA Battery is the most common battery on the market. Nowadays, trail camera users are also opting for them. These batteries are often present in remote controls and toys. We guarantee that these batteries are free of any quality faults.
The power it provides is long-lasting. It allows your device and trail cameras to perform better. When not in use, Duracell Coppertops can last up to ten years. Don’t lose out on the opportunity to constantly enjoy hunting and photographing wildlife.
- Popular and easy to locate
- No reported flaws
- Dependable and long-lasting
- Storage for up to ten years
- Unable to handle chilly temperatures
Best Pre-Charged: EBL AA Rechargeable Batteries
- -More than 1200 times recycles: Designed with ProCyco technology, the professional recycle design extends the life span of the rechargeable nimh batteries, can charge and recycle up to 1200 times.
- -Reliable Low-Self Discharge Function: High quality EBL AA battery with low self discharge function can hold more than 80% power after three-years storage, keeping outstanding working performance in...
- -Large Capacity and high performance: More power juice -- 2500mAh large capacity enable the AA batteries last longer in all your devices, more durable and long-lasting, providing constant voltage and...
- -No pollution：The EBL aa rechargeable batteries are made of environmental friendly material, instead of heavy metal material, don’t contain any Hg/Cd/Pb, good for our environment.
The battery life of the EBL NiMH AA Rechargeable Batteries is impressive. Each piece has an average voltage of 1.2V, which means it’ll last a long period in your trail camera.
When charging these batteries, be cautious. They may consume more energy than your gadget requires. Until these batteries deplete, their performance will be excellent.
The EBL NiMH AA Battery retains 80% of its battery capacity even after three years of inactivity. You can use them right out of the box because they are pre-charged.
- 2800mAh battery capacity
- Outstanding performance
- There is a significant energy loss
How to Choose The Best Battery for Trail Cameras?
Here are a few things to consider when looking for the best aa batteries for trail cameras:
Some gadgets have a wide range of energy requirements. While most trail cameras need roughly 12V to operate, they can appear to work with less power. It can result in poor performance in critical areas such as nighttime use. They can also affect image quality and video resolution.
Even when not in use, batteries lose energy over time, which is also known as discharge. This phenomenon directly impacts the voltage. As a result, the device’s long-term performance. Some brands provide choices with a low self-discharge rate to get the job done.
A battery depletes in a matter of weeks if used continuously. A trail cam with a lot of functions will use more power than one with fewer features. That is why durability necessitates capacity.
Temperature can have a significant impact on battery performance. Batteries use a chemical reaction to produce electricity to generate energy. Some brands may freeze and stop operating in cold weather. Also, heat causes the battery to work harder, causing it to lose energy more quickly.
What Are the Different Battery Types for Trail Camera?
There are three different kinds of AA batteries to pick from.
These are commonplace batteries that we can get in any store. They are usually reasonably priced. The chemical reaction between manganese dioxide and zinc metal generates energy for them. Because the response is liquid, these batteries are not suitable for cold temperatures. When they freeze, they stop working. They are practically anywhere and have a long lifespan. So, they are only a decent alternative if you have nothing else to work with.
They have a lower voltage, averaging 1.2 volts. They also have reduced capacity with some long-lasting offering options. They have a high self-discharge rate. So, they usually hold roughly 70% of their capacity while not in use.
Their cost-effectiveness is one of their best features. The chemical reaction they create is not liquid. So, they function exceptionally well at low temperatures. But in freezing conditions, they aren’t as effective as lithium. Still, you will not experience any performance loss.
Lithium batteries have the longest life expectancy. They can be pricey, and their voltage is usually much higher than we need for a trail camera. It is well known that these batteries outlast the devices they power. Cold temperature does not have the same effect on them as it does on alkaline cells. They can work in temperatures ranging from -40 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which type is the best aa batteries for trail cameras?
Lithium batteries are our preferred choice for trail cameras. Yes, they are more expensive than alkaline batteries. But they also have benefits that these other types of batteries lack.
Lithium batteries are that they have a far higher capacity than other batteries. It means they can last up to three times as long as regular alkaline batteries (sometimes even longer). They are around half as long as NiMH batteries.
Lithium batteries work well in freezing temperatures. We usually seek batteries that can resist severely cold winter conditions. They function well in extreme cold and heat. The Energizer Advanced Lithium batteries operate at temperatures ranging from -40°F to 140°F (-40°C to 60°C).
What is the lifespan of Trail Camera Batteries?
The capacity of a battery is one of its best qualities. It will survive longer if it is higher. But other factors like weather and self-discharge can also affect its longevity. A battery also loses energy even when it is not in use.
Can I use rechargeable batteries in a trail camera?
Trail cameras will work on quality AA cells. But using Lithium or high-powered rechargeable batteries can save money. They can also boost performance while also reducing landfill waste.
Nothing surpasses taking pictures and videos while hunting. But, discovering that your camera is not working due to a lack of batteries can be discouraging. We can avoid this by buying the best battery for trail cameras which is compact enough to fit in any small pocket or even your vest.
Among the items stated above, we highly recommend the Energizer AA Lithium Batteries. They will provide your camera with the best performance it has ever had. Also, these batteries can work in extreme temperatures.
We’re confident you’ll be able to figure out which battery will work best for your trail camera now. Just make sure you buy a battery that works well and can last a long time. That way, you can get the best shot possible while hunting.